Before Intravenous Anesthesia/Sedation
Home Care Before Oral Surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery or sign any legal documents for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. Avoid wearing nylon “parachute” fabric pants.
- Contact lenses, earrings, jewelry and dentures as well as lip or tongue jewelry must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office: Worcester Office Phone Number 508-799-2550.
- Generally you may take your regular prescription medications with a sip of water. Please check with our office prior to your surgical date for specific instructions if you take blood thinners, i.e., warfarin (Coumadin®), dabigatran (Pradaxa®), etc.
If you have any questions, please call our office: Worcester Office Phone Number 508-799-2550.
Saturday through Sunday: Closed